I’ve never been more than a little tempted to try out subscription beauty boxes – I always think that I’ll only end up liking a couple of things and have a mounting pile of items to join the emergency travel size stash. However, when I saw that Birchbox had teamed up with Selfridges for a ‘build your own’ popup during September it sounded like a great idea! I actually ended up going twice, as I was told the first time that the products on offer would change midway through the month, so the contents below are actually from two boxes.
The process of working out what to choose was fun but involved some difficult decision making! It’s set up as a beauty pick & mix – all of the products sitting together in their categories (you can pick two items of makeup, and one each of skincare, haircare, body and ‘treat’). The tricky part both times for me was choosing just one item of skincare, I would have traded my haircare, body and treat for all 4 skincare products!
I’m going to do individual reviews for some of these products, so in brief this is what I filled my boxes with….
- Skincare – REN Wake Wonderful Night-time Facial (I was so excited to try this!)
- Body – Trilogy Everything Balm
- Hair – Philip Kingsley Elasticizer – Geranium & Neroli (smells amazing)
- Makeup – Pop Eyeshadow Trio in Peach Parfait (already used a LOT)
- Makeup – Stila Convertible Colour in Hibiscus (I have lots of these and this deep, bright pink is now my favourite – and the only one that works on lips as well as cheeks)
- Treat – Thisworks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray
- Skincare – Sarah Chapman Skinesis 3D Moisture Infusion mask (the main reason I went back for round 2)
- Body – Cowshed Gorgeous Cow Blissful Body Lotion
- Hair – Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Shampoo (for hair that smells of holidays)
- Makeup – Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in Gilt (I want to colour my whole face in with this shimmery beauty)
- Makeup – Lord & Berry 20100 Crayon Lipstick in Fire (dreamy texture)
- Treat – Thisworks Sleep Plus Pillow Spray (I prefer the smell of this one)
There is so much to choose from within each category (apart from the treats), and for only £15 it really is a total bargain. The popup is at Selfridges Oxford St until 27th September.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14459963/?claim=gs94f2ywbje”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>